RAIN DATE: Forest Bathing
Take a moment to reconnect with nature.
Sunday November 13, 2022
10:30 AM - 11:45 AM (Eastern Standard Time)
10 Bank Street, Accord, NY 12404 Get Directions
This event has ended.
RAIN DATE! This activity was originally scheduled for 11/6.
Join Jane Dobson, a certified Mindful Outdoor Guide, for a 75-minute intentional stroll through the woodlands and meadows of INNESS. Introduced in the 1980s, Forest Bathing began as a preventative healthcare practice to counter the daily stress of everyday life. Even after small periods of time in a natural environment, we experience measurable physical and mental health benefits, including reduced levels of the stress hormone cortisol, improved mood and focus. This guided experience leads you through a series of sensory invitations to bring awareness to the present moment while observing the wonder of the natural world.
- Everyone will meet at the barn. Please arrive no later than 10:20am, as the group will begin their walk at 10:30am sharp.
- Please dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes.
- This excursion is more a saunter than a hike, and suitable for all fitness levels!
- No dogs allowed.
- Appropriate for ages 16 and up.
- Limited space available - RSVP is required.
- Cancellations must take place at least 24 hours in advance in order to qualify for a refund.
Please note that this workshop will be taking place at the same time as a kid's Intro to Tap lesson in the barn, allowing families to participate in both activities!
If you have any questions, please contact Marcy at firstname.lastname@example.org.